10 Comfort Soups for Fall
As the days grow shorter and cooler, many changes naturally take place — our wardrobe gets cozier, our backyard starts to look more colorful, and our meals become more comforting. Everyone loves a good soup to pair with the season, and the 10 I'm sharing today bring familiarity with a twist. It's finally time to break out the soup pots and enjoy a bowl or two to help curb that evening chill in the air.
- Pumpkins will soon be popping up in all the markets, the perfect opportunity for some Spanish pumpkin and chickpea stew.
- Being Hungarian myself, this Hungarian mushroom soup reminds me of my grandmother's recipe. Hungarian paprika is a must!
- Broccoli is a fall crop, which makes it great for a bowl or two of broccoli, coconut and chili soup.
- It's not a proper fall-recipe roundup if you don't include a chicken noodle soup. This variation — Thai style chicken noodle soup — is grandma approved.
- Add crusty bread and a couple of dashes of your favorite hot sauce to create a complete meal with this hearty lentil and butternut squash soup.
- Creamy tomato and basil soup with a grilled cheese and a cozy sweater is about as fall as it gets.
- For game day or an easy weeknight meal: slow cooker chili. Assemble it the morning of or the night before, throw it in the slow cooker, and it is ready when you are.
- Rustic French onion soup — because not many things are more comforting, and who doesn't love gooey melted Gruyère cheese?
- If you've never made Mexican pozole, you need to add this to your fall to-do list. Leftovers can be served over tortillas for a second meal. You'll wonder why you haven't made this in the past.
- This chunky mushroom, lentil and sage soup takes only 40 minutes to make, and it's straight-up earthy goodness.