10 Easy, Delicious Labor Day Recipes
Labor Day: We don't know why we celebrate it, except to ask ourselves, "Where did summer go?" Instead of doing that or concentrating on a list of must-make end-of-summer recipes, just consider Labor Day weekend a welcome introduction to transition-season fare. From burgers and popsicles to football appetizers and slow simmering soups, this is our must-make list for Labor Day and into September.
- Because you will be grilling a burger sometime over the weekend, mix it up and make these sausage burgers!
- A classic fall-cooking transition — 7-ingredient easy meatloaf. Besides, who doesn't love leftover meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the next day?
- This pizza is rustic and flavorful, with artichoke, buffalo mozzarella, black olives and prosciutto as the star ingredients.
- Since summer isn't quite over, make these salted caramel flan popsicles.
- You need a side for burger #1, and peaches are still in season — bourbon peach barbecue baked beans. Enough said.
- The simple and classic fettuccine carbonara — best served with a rich, unctuous Chardonnay.
- Football season has started back up, so serve these bacon-wrapped mini jalapeño corn muffins as an appetizer.
- Consider this corn, bacon and clam stew an at-home end-of-summer clam bake.
- Breakfast never looked so good with these maple pecan blueberry pancakes.
- This curried lentil kale soup with mushrooms is on my list as the first meal I am going to make when the temperature changes and the leaves start to fall.
Happy Labor Day from everyone at Lot18!