10 Must-Try Dishes for Spring
Spring has certainly sprung, and just as we might move the heavier winter reds a little further back in the cellar, bringing the lighter, crisper wines like the 2014 Winston & Sons Martinborough NZ Sauvignon Blanc forward, the same happens with food. Out go the long-braising meats and slow simmering stews — it's time to bring in the fresh, new dishes of the season. Today's collection of recipes highlights everything new that spring has to offer.
- It wouldn't be a top 10 list of springtime recipes without strawberries, and this strawberry cheesecake certainly fits the bill.
- Salmon in a lemon-herb butter makes for a quick and easy dinner, and any leftovers can be tossed with a salad for lunch the next day!
- Even if you saw this easy asparagus tart recipe from earlier in the month, it is definitely worth another look.
- Quality olive oil, Parmesan, and fresh, peppery arugula are key in this arugula salad.
- The perfect brunch starter or light lunch: pea and mint soup.
- The Kentucky Derby is just around the corner. Polish off your silver cups and serve up a strawberry rhubarb mint julep.
- A pea prosciutto spring pizza is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Deviled eggs with a Mexican twist — guacamole.
- Although artichokes are available year round, spring is when they are at their seasonal peak. These crispy lemon roasted baby artichokes are great with anything coming off the grill.
- And on those cool spring nights, take comfort in a basque lamb stew.