10 Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Ahh, St.Patty's Day — less than a week away and most of the festivities will be celebrated this weekend. Did you know that blue was the original color associated with this holiday? It wasn't until the 17th century that green and shamrocks came into play for this day of feasting. So let's forego the green beer (please!) and concentrate on building a feast fit for a Saint!
- We must start with an Irish beef stew with Guinness.
- A simple Shepherd's Pie with warm and creamy mashed potatoes.
- Marmite, a popular condiment in the UK, can be used for these BBQ Marmite Chicken Wings.
- There are still some cool evenings in store this season, and this lamb stew is the perfect dish to warm up those nights.
- If you have never tried a traditional Irish breakfast, now is the time.
- Whether you call this Gur Cake, Chester Cake, or Donkey Gudge Cake, this recipe will work nicely with your afternoon tea.
- A twist on a traditional colcannon recipe using kale instead of cabbage.
- You could certainly substitute spring trout for this Arctic Char with spinach and butter.
- A beautiful twist on pancakes is this recipe for Oat-Millet-Chia-Banana flapjacks.
- Irish cream celebration cake, I do not believe anything more needs to be said.