10 Salads for Summer
This month, I'm pretty much only serving summer salads. Cool and refreshing, most any summer-salad recipe pairs well with a bright, white, zesty wine. That said, and as you will see in the round up above — salad does not have to simply take the form of leafy greens, vegetables and dressing. The 10 recipes below are inspiring me to get in the kitchen before summer lets out and utilize ingredients that are at their best no other time of the year.
- No egg in this Caesar salad — it's even vegan and gluten free!
- This sorghum and roasted summer vegetable salad with tarragon and basil is packed with nutrients – and flavor.
- Forego the bread and serve this avocado ranch chicken salad in lettuce cups.
- This is actually my mom's recipe for pasta salad — which reminds me, I need to make this.
- Roasted white peach and fig salad simply screams summer!
- One cannot have a summer roundup of salads and not include watermelon. That said, I do not think I have seen a recipe this beautiful.
- Take it south of the border at your next cookout by making this southwestern pasta salad with a black bean dressing.
- In the heat of the summer, I love a good shrimp salad. The fact that this recipe has avocado and grapefruit makes it even more delicious!
- I mentioned in #6 you cannot have a salad roundup without watermelon...and I believe this roundup needs a second recipe with watermelon.
- And finally — corn! Take it off the cob and make this chili lime sweet corn salad!
But don't forget we made two pretty impressive summer salads earlier this month. Just in case you missed them, here are 11 & 12!
- Stuffed heirloom tomato salad
- Summer cucumber salad
Cheers to summer!