10 Summer Grilling Recipes
The grill is certainly not just for the summer, but some foods simply taste better when you're standing around, cooking outside. We've rounded up a list of 10 grilling recipes that you can knock off, one weekend at a time, over the next 10 weeks. Invite the neighbors or call up the family, as each of these recipes is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. It's been awhile, but No. 6 is going to be hitting my grill at least a couple of weeks in a row!
- Most of the ingredients for these Mexican turkey burgers with guacamole and spicy chipotle slaw are at their peak in summer, which makes this recipe even better.
- Grilled balsamic garlic steak -- I would suggest a nice, thick, grass-fed ribeye and the rosemary from your herb garden.
- Use ripe but firm avocados for these grilled avocados with tomato basil salsa.
- When grilled, swordfish takes on a steak-like texture, and grilled swordfish with orange fennel salad sounds like the perfect alfresco dinner on a Saturday night.
- Serve this grilled lobster with garlic-parsley butter with a glass of 2013 Agate & Elm Arroyo Seco Chardonnay.
- Make this the summer where you finally get around to beer can chicken.
- For me as a kid, it wasn't summer until watermelon juice was running down your arms and dripping off your elbow. While preparing this spicy grilled watermelon with crème fraîche, sneak a slice and relive that memory. I won't say anything.
- Grilled green beans with Marcona almonds -- the green beans take on a smoky, charred flavor, and the Marcona almonds from Spain bring this simple dish together.
- You can't have a summer grilling roundup without an amazingly juicy burger!
- Passed around as an appetizer while standing around the grill or served as a main course over rice, these spicy shrimp and sausage skewers will make your summer.
Cheers to the grilling season!