10 Super Bowl Appetizers to Serve with Wine
It is almost time for Super Bowl XLVIII. The Seahawks and Broncos have earned there right to visit East Rutherford, New Jersey, for a shot at the crown. Your job is to make sure guests are fed and there is plenty of red wine to go around. This Spanish number is a great choice, and we love this one from Sicily. This list of 10 delicious appetizers should make your life a little easier come game day, whether you are hosting your own party or attending another.
- A little update on the traditional pigs in a blanket — this one uses chicken apple sausage, hence the name, chicks in a blanket.
- Ya gotta have a dip, right? With crackers, chips or crudités, this blue cheese avocado dip should do the trick!
- For the vegan or paleo diet — shiitake mushrooms stuffed with olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Hey, it's the Super Bowl. Step away from the traditional buffalo wings and try these spicy thai chicken wings.
- BBQ cheddar jalapeño chicken meatballs — fuggedaboutit!
- The beauty of slow-cooker barbecue nachos is how you can put these on earlier in the day and arrange the nachos at game time.
- Everybody will be serving pizza, so mix it up and serve a baked pizza dip.
- A spicy beer and cheese dip is always a crowd pleaser.
- Fried pickles, yes you should go there!
- You might want to go ahead and double this recipe for salt and pepper spiced shrimp. They will go quick!