DIY: Build Your Own Marble Cheese Platter
A guest's compliment on the table spread provides a wonderful feeling. Being able to reply that you actually made the center serving piece – that much better. With a quick trip to your local hardware store and about 30 minutes of assembly time, you can have this beautiful, budget-friendly cheese and appetizer tray ready for your next party.
- 9 1/2 x 13 inch Carrara marble tile, found at any Home Depot or Lowe's
- 2 drawer pulls, in your preferred style
- 1 wine cork, cut evenly into 4 flat rounds
- Glue or multi-purpose adhesive
Apply a thin layer of glue to the back of each of the evenly cut cork pieces. Press each one firmly and evenly into place on each of the four corners. These will act as soft feet for the serving tray, which will help prevent any scratches on table surfaces.
Once glue has dried, turn the tile over to measure and mark a center line on each edge. Doing so will ensure evenly mounted handles.
Apply a thin layer of glue to each of the handle ends, then lay in place along the tile edge and apply gentle pressure.
Allow overnight dry time before using. Once ready, fill your new serving tray with a variety of your favorite cheese, crackers and snacks to enjoy over drinks.
Enjoy your handmade cheese tray for years to come! Just remember to hand wash it without submerging it in water.
- DIY Bread and Cheese Board - All Things Heart and Home ›
- 5 Gorgeous DIY Cheese Boards To Impress Your Guests ›
- How to: Make an Easy DIY Wood Slice Serving Board | Man Made ... ›
- 1000+ ideas about Cheese Boards on Pinterest | Cheese Platters ... ›
- How to Make a DIY Wood-Burned Cheese Board - HGTV - Weekday ... ›
- DIY :: Marble & Wood Cheese Board - coco+kelley coco+kelley ›
- Build the Cheese Plate of Your Dreams by Avoiding These 6 ... ›
- Suite Living: DIY Cheese Board! - YouTube ›
- DIY Cheeseboard Wood Burning Class Tickets, Tue, Sep 22, 2015 ... ›
- Wood Burning 101: Custom Cheese Board Kit by DESIGN*SPONGE ... ›