Pasta, Peas and Prosciutto – Paired With Chardonnay
Resembling a carbonara, this pasta dish is quite simple to make and utilizes fresh peas, an early spring favorite. I like this deconstructed version of carbonara since it allows you to skip making a sauce, and instead you top the pasta with a perfectly poached egg. The yolk will combine with the remaining ingredients once broken, and flavor the dish perfectly. Serve with a round and nicely balanced Chardonnay, which pairs perfectly with this light dish.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh spring peas
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 poached egg per serving
- Salt and peper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Begin by prepping water to boil for the pasta. Add peas to the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove and reserve, then cook pasta per package directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add the prosciutto, cooking until crisp, then add the garlic and peas, stirring to cook until fragrant.
Drain the pasta and combine with the prosciutto, garlic and peas. Add the parmesan and toss the mixture to coat well.
Plate individually making a well in the center for nesting the poached egg.
Guests can break the yolk to combine further with the pasta.
Make sure you pass additional parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for those who enjoy a little kick.
- Fettuccine Pasta with Prosciutto, Peas, and a Cream Sauce Recipe ... ›
- Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas Recipe | Martha Stewart ›
- Bowtie Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto, and Arugula Recipe ... ›
- Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas Recipe | MyRecipes.com ›
- Fresh Pasta With Prosciutto and Peas Recipe - NYT Cooking ›
- Penne Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto Recipe - Allrecipes.com ›
- Pasta With Peas, Prosciutto and Lettuce Recipe - NYT Cooking ›
- Angel Hair Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto, and Lemon recipe ... ›
- Prosciutto Parmesan Pasta Recipe - Allrecipes.com ›
- Pasta with Peas, Asparagus, Butter Lettuce, and Prosciutto recipe ... ›