Quick, Easy, Holiday Mixed-Nut Snack
Getting together with family and friends? You need a quick, easy, delicious snack to lay out when guests arrive. This simple, four-ingredient snack can be assembled quickly to place on the table. You can also make this in larger quantities and wrap the nuts into gift bags or jars.
- 4 cups unsalted mixed nuts — think cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts and pistachios
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, molasses or sorghum
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce or 2 teaspoons of chili powder or cayenne pepper (adjust more or less for your level of spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Maldon salt
Begin by preheating the oven to 350°
Mix together butter, syrup, hot sauce and pepper.
Combine the nuts and stir to coat.
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread the nut mixture evenly over the pan. Sprinkle salt over the nuts and place in the preheated oven, roasting for about 20 minutes.
Remove the nuts from the oven and allow to cool. Place them in an airtight container for use later or on a serving dish to set out and enjoy. If you're giving these snacks as gifts, nestle them in a small mason jar and add a festive ribbon.
Still need a gift for that special person? Don't forget to check out our 2015 holiday gift guide!