Sip and Cook: 10 Wine-Based Recipes
Let's make a toast to learning new recipes in the New Year! Today I've rounded up 10 recipes that let you enjoy cooking with wine as of one of the key ingredients. By all means, enjoying a glass at the same time you're cooking.
- A Cabernet and red meat is the perfect pairing with these red wine burgers.
- Coq au vin, nothing more needs to be said.
- Wine for breakfast? Who needs to know — strawberry Pinot Noir preserves.
- If you didn't have the chance to have prime rib over the holidays, this recipe with a red wine jus should fill that void!
- Oeufs en meurette, or simply, poached eggs in a red wine sauce — a rustic meal from Burgundy.
- Sunday supper should always include meatloaf. Use 3/4 a cup of a dry Italian red for this comforting meal.
- It's football season, which means it's chili season.
- Only 2 ounces of wine left in that bottle? How about some red wine chocolate fudge brownies to make with that?
- Cooking your pasta in a Zinfandel brings out some beautiful colors in this red-wine spaghetti with broccoli.
- It's called an early autumn minestrone, but I think this dish would be perfect any time of the year.
Give one of these dishes a try and let us know which wine you used for the recipe in the comments section below!